Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Working on a Change...

Yes, it's been a long time since I last posted something here. My original plan was to start posting regularly, to find more people to connect and read my blog and to work on my art and online promotion more.

It was a good plan but didn't work out as I've been very busy with teaching for an agency that doesn't provide me with everything a good language agency should provide to its teachers ( thus forcing me to spend more of my free time by doing things the agency should do for me ) and that pays me late and gets me into financial trouble. Unfortunately, it's hard to find another job in my town, so I'm still staying with this agency.

But I'm also working on a change. Finally! I found out not long ago that I can get my trade certificate and start teaching on my own ( without any agency ), which would bring me more money because I would have no "boss" who would take the bigger part of the money I get for one lesson only because they found the student for me, and which would also provide me with ( hopefully ) more time to work on my art and its online promotion.

All I need to do is to register myself at the right department, pay 1,000 Czech crowns for the registration, start paying quite high deposits for health and social insurances even if I don't find any students right away ( and thus don't get paid ) and file all my expenses and profits for the yearly taxes.

It sounds like a lot of work and quite a lot of risk but it's still very appealing to me. I think I will give it a go. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

1 comments (+add yours?)

Annie Jeffries said...

Moving forward and taking risks is always a challenge. Best wishes to you. Looking forward to seeing some of your art here as well.
Annie

Post a Comment